The CBC will hold registrations for 2017-2018 Batting Barn Memberships on Sunday October 8, 2017 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Monday October 9, 2017 from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Batting Barn.
The CBC will hold registrations for 2017-2018 Batting Barn Memberships on Sunday October 8, 2017 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Monday October 9, 2017 from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Batting Barn. To purchase a Batting Barn Membership for the fall/winter 2017-2018 Batting Barn season you must attend one of these sign ups. The cost is $100.00 per family. Cash or check made payable to the Canfield Baseball Club only. The Batting Barn should be open for member’s use beginning on or before Saturday October 12, 2017. There will be a short delay in the open of the Batting Barn to members after registration due to a waiting period imposed by our insurance carrier before our insurance takes effect.
The Rules of the Batting Barn are posted on the CBC website. There are no significant changes to these Rules from years past. Please review these Rules so that there are no misunderstandings concerning the use of the Batting Barn. Attached is a copy of the Batting Barn Membership Agreement that you will be required to sign. Although there are no significant changes in the administration of the Batting Barn for this season I feel it necessary to clarify the following:
· A Batting Barn Membership allows use of the Batting Barn as set forth in the rules and the attached agreement until the recreational teams are assigned Batting Barn time slots. Last year this occurred on or about March 14, 2017. After the recreation teams are assigned their time slots in the batting barn the Batting Barn Memberships terminate.
· A Batting Barn Memberships is required in additional to your regular membership in order to access the Batting Barn. Your CBC membership alone does not entitle you to access the Batting Barn.
· The Jugs Jr. pitching machine that is configured for softballs is in very poor condition. The wheel is heavily grooved and out of balance and the electric motor is near the end of its useful life. This machine will be available for use as long as it is safe to use. In the event it either breaks down completely or the wheel becomes worn to the point where it is unsafe this machine will be removed. If you are purchasing a Batting Barn Membership with the intention of using this machine please beware that it may not last throughout the season.
· The CBC does not currently have a pitching machine available for baseballs.
· The CBC uses a portion of each Batting Barn Membership fee to purchase the additional insurance that is required for your use of the batting barn. Once you purchase a Batting Barn Membership a refund is not possible.
· The CBC sets aside time for instructional purposes. This includes lessons and clinics. Friday evenings and Sunday mornings have been used for this purpose in the past as these times are not widely used by the Members.
· To avoid conflicts please schedule your times.
· In years past Batting Barn Memberships were made available after the initial registration dates. The CBC will likely not be able to accommodate late registrations this year, and even if possible additional fees may apply. This is the result of how the additional insurance that is required for your use of the batting barn is purchased. It is no longer feasible to purchase this insurance coverage individually. Accordingly, I will purchase the necessary insurance for all registrants as a group on Tuesday October 10.